Resizing Screen Image To Fit Monitor

0 Comments »
Q: I have an Emachine and my monitor died but I have a beautiful new 21-inch LG flat screen monitor. It’s just great; except I don’t know how to make the screen “fit” the monitor. The monitor is bigger, but I’m loosing about an inch of screen over to the left. I can’t even see my Start button, but since I know it’s there I just need to have my cursor “leave” the screen until the little “pop up” shows that I’m there. I’m sure this is an easy fix but I’m at a loss as to what to do. Thanks!!

A: Hello! Congratulations on your new monitor. Adjusting your computer settings to those appropriate for your new monitor is a pretty straightforward process. The first thing that you will need to do is decide on the best display resolution for your monitor. All you need to do to find this is look at the documentation that came with your monitor. It will tell you exactly what you need to set your screen resolution at.

Once you have determined the correct settings, right-click anywhere on your desktop, and select Properties. From here, access Display Properties, Settings. In the Screen Resolution area, adjust the slider to the specifications you found in your monitor’s documentation. Click the Apply button. This should resize your screen image to the correct size for your new monitor. Once you are satisfied with the way your screen looks, click the OK button.

I hope you find this information to be useful! Thanks!
10:35 PM

0 Responses to "Resizing Screen Image To Fit Monitor"

Post a Comment