Q: I want to put a video in a PowerPoint presentation but I don’t know how. Please help.
A: PowerPoint presentations have become a staple of the corporate culture. Inserting a video into a PowerPoint presentation is actually quite simple.
- First, save the video that you want to include in your presentation.
- Next, at the appropriate location in your presentation, select Insert, Movies and Sounds, Movie from File.
- A window will open allowing you to browse to the video clip that you saved earlier. Browse to the appropriate location. Click OK.
- A dialog box will appear asking if you would like the video to play automatically when the current slide appears. Select Yes or No.
- You will see the video frame on your slide. From this point, you can move the video frame around the slide much like an image. You can also resize the video frame in the same manner you would use to resize an image, but be conscious of the fact that you may distort the images in your video by resizing the frame.
- Preview your video in the slideshow, by selecting Slideshow, View Slideshow.
Your video should be integrated into your presentation.
Note: When you are adding a video to a PowerPoint presentation, it is important to remember that you will need to have the appropriate video format (QuickTime, RealPlayer, etc.) on all of the computers that will be using this presentation. For example, if you are using this slideshow at client sites, you may want to be sure to verify that all of the computers you will be using this presentation on have the correct player.
I hope this information helps! Thanks a bunch!