Slow Computer Even After Spyware And Virus Scans

0 Comments »
Q: I have a Dell e1505 and I have had some trouble recently with viruses spyware and other unwanted programs on my computer. I have McAfee virus scan, Spybot, and Ad-aware se and ran each program multiple times. Each time I run them they come up with new problems and remove them, but my computer still runs incredibly slow and has random erratic behavior(pop-up adds and installation programs). I was wondering if there is anything I can do myself.

A: I would recommend a pop-up blocker if you don’t already have one. On other thing I would recommend is that you install a HijackThis to get a better look at what software is running on your computer that might be doing bad things. I had similar problems and this seemed to take care of it.

Regarding the slowness of the machine. I would make sure you are also defragmenting your hard drive and running the disk clean up utility. Another good idea is to delete your temporary internet files. I hope that one of these steps helps resolve your issues. You can get more information about these steps at our Windows XP Computer Running Slow article.
10:58 AM

0 Responses to "Slow Computer Even After Spyware And Virus Scans"

Post a Comment